1 (edited by SamE 17-07-2024 00:50:35)

Topic: Latest update broke my installation of SVP

Hi,

The latest update broke it.

In the middle of installing the updated files it showed an error message and a retry or ignore dialog, retry did not help so i pressed ignore. When the installation was done and restarted SVP it never started again, it seem the manager is gone somehow because trying to start it from the icon just give an missing object error now.

I am going to show the error in the update i got and i hope you can direct me how to fix my installation, please.

I will add that i have been using SVP 4 Pro since the start and it has never failed an update or broken an installation.

Here is the installation log file
When i look at these installations i see strange mention about it says i was out off space, but i checked and there was several GB free so i don't know why it said that.
One unusual thing that happened that may have been the reason was. i updated the installation to the last version.
But the i did not use the c0mputer for several days so when i got back to it, it restarted the app and closed the updater.
But then as soon as SVP started it announced that an even never update was available, so i updated right away just a few seconds after i had restarted the last update. Maybe something got tangled up in that quick double update.
That is the only unusual thing i know happened before the app gave that error and stopped working.

Post's attachments

SVP error.png 273.82 kb, 13 downloads since 2024-07-08 

Re: Latest update broke my installation of SVP

I tried to fix it with installation manager but i don't see how to do it.
I seems to me like the unpacking of the latest SVP manager from the .7z got screwed up somehow so i never got it but the installation manager does not allow me to reinstall that part.

If i try to uninstall and reinstall the whole SVP thing, will i lose all my setting and profiles then?

4 (edited by flowreen91 09-07-2024 03:55:57)

SamE wrote:

If i try to uninstall and reinstall the whole SVP thing, will i lose all my setting and profiles then?

My local SVP4 settings and profiles are located here:
"C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\settings"
Try to make a backup of it first.

You can reinstall SVP using the online SVP installer: https://www.svp-team.com/get/
And YES, you can backup your SVP settings before (re)installing SVP. You can find them in the folder %appdata%\SVP4\settings

Check disk space before starting.

Ok, thanks guys i fixed it with a new installation and with my old settings

It was a bit weird though, i had to uninstall the old but it refused to clean out an "manual" directory that was empty.
And because the SVP 4 directory was not empty it refused to install there again.
So i had to make a new one.
And the old SVP 4 directory that is empty besides the empty manual directory.
Can not be deleted.

I have a fixed SVP again now anyway.