Topic: Occasional frame drops after update to MPC-HC 1.7.11

Hi there!

Last night I was prompted to update the MPC to 1.7.11 and I did. After, I noticed occasional frame drops / stuttering in all videos (I usually watch 1080p content but I noticed it on DVD quality stuff as well). I reinstalled gpu drivers, SPV and MPC but I'm still getting these occasional drops, not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Re: Occasional frame drops after update to MPC-HC 1.7.11

Previous build distributed with SVP was 1.7.10 build 276.
Basing on commits log I really doubt there's big difference with 1.7.11 release, but you can try to revert to that version...

I reverted to the version you specified and it seems the stuttering is gone. I'll be back after I watch more stuff.

Everything is back to normal after revert. Maybe there's some incompatibility between new MPC version and SPV?

more likely it's some option changed its default value or something like that...

there was another nightly build - 1.7.10.296 from 2017-02-26, what about it?

6 (edited by Xenocyde 09-03-2017 07:47:32)

I restored all settings to default, even deleted user preferences, I don't think it's because of a defaulted option.

I haven't tried the 296 build, I really wouldn't like to mess with things again.

you can just install it into another folder
or even don't install at all, there's portable version for every build

OK, so I installed build 296 and 1.7.11 to separate folders and none are stuttering. Could the problem be with overwriting the existing version by the SVP updater?

well, SVP install/upgrade script can possibly touch (or don't touch) these settings only:
- on Playback -> Output tab: video renderer, "D3D fullscreen" checkbox, resizer for EVR-CP
- in Internal filters -> Video decoder: hw decoder, UHD checkbox, hw deinterlacing

Anyway, I'll stick with 1.7.10 build 276 for now. I'll see how the next update via SVP updater works.

it might be no MPC-HC updates in the next 1.5 years though big_smile

Works for me ;P