1,626 (edited by Xenocyde 11-06-2024 19:15:13)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

I don't really think it's possible you left everything on default, but whatever, maybe I'm asking too much.

Really? What made you decide today was a good day to call me a liar?

I just want to get to the bottom of this. Was not my intent to call you a liar, I was asking for the exact options you have there because I think having Power management Mode on Normal might cause more microstutters, I'm currently testing with Prefer Maximum Power.

flowreen91 wrote:

gpu-api=d3d11
video-sync=audio
d3d11-sync-interval=0

Ya, I tested with these enabled and I was still seeing microstutters sad

Xenocyde wrote:

The microstuttering happens

Mpc-be+mpcVR. If there is a global FPS lock in nvcp, then this lock must be turned off separately on the player. I also install the ancient and forgotten fast sync on the player; it is in this scenario that it works best. Never any stuttering or skipped frames.

1,628 (edited by dawkinscm 11-06-2024 19:40:32)

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

I don't really think it's possible you left everything on default, but whatever, maybe I'm asking too much.

I just want to get to the bottom of this. Was not my intent to call you a liar, I was asking for the exact options you have there because I think having Power management Mode on Normal might cause more microstutters, I'm currently testing with Prefer Maximum Power.

I made it explicitly clear that I used to make changes the NV3D but now everything is back on default. I always double check before I answer questions about my system. If I'm not sure then I usually say that I'm not sure.

1,629 (edited by Xenocyde 11-06-2024 19:47:37)

dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

I made it explicitly clear that I used to make changes the NV3D but now everything is back on default. I always double check before I answer questions about my system. If I'm not sure then I usually say that I'm not sure.

OK, so Prefer maximum Power is not helping. Maybe this is not NVCP-related.

pensioner600 wrote:

Mpc-be+mpcVR. If there is a global FPS lock in nvcp, then this lock must be turned off separately on the player. I also install the ancient and forgotten fast sync on the player; it is in this scenario that it works best. Never any stuttering or skipped frames.

I had fps limit set to 60 but removed that and it does not help. I use MPV though. I'll try with MPC-BE + mpcVR and fast sync.

1,630 (edited by dawkinscm 11-06-2024 23:07:18)

dawkinscm wrote:

Xenocyde wrote:

OK, so Prefer maximum Power is not helping. Maybe this is not NVCP-related.

Which is exactly the point I was making.

Can't find any downloadable Fast Sync plugin for MPC. Any link for this?

Xenocyde wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

Okay now I see, let's take another approach then,, remember me if you use MPC HC or MPV. Do you use in combination with Madvr. Later when I back home I share screenshot of my settings. For most useful information if you use Madvr post you control J stats. and you rendering General settings.

I use MPV so no MadVR from what I know.

Ok, I not much a user of Mpv, I try  MPC-VR in combination of Mpc-BE and had a similar issue with microstutters and Aloola share this tip that was a improvement.

Drakko01 wrote:
aloola wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

If I use mpc-VR (RTX HDR + RTX SuperRes) with MPC-HC or MPC-BE I don't get the best experience, the quality is very good, but I have a kind of stutter in slow camera movements or certain close ups,  no in panning movements. This is not present when I use Madvr. Maybe i got some settings wrong in MpcVR dunno.
BTW I always talking of Realtime Playback just for clarify.

I think the lack of G-sync/freesync support causing this.
try the options video -> frame synch -> "Sync video to display" in MPC, it may fix the problem

1,633 (edited by Xenocyde 11-06-2024 22:46:56)

Drakko01 wrote:

I think the lack of G-sync/freesync support causing this.
try the options video -> frame synch -> "Sync video to display" in MPC, it may fix the problem

OK I enabled sync to display but do we leave the default 0.0012 for frequency adjustment? Also, how do I force MPC-BE to always start with RIFE? Right now it defaults to SPV Automatic every time I load a video. I've seen this before mentioned here, can't find it now.

1,634 (edited by flowreen91 12-06-2024 00:35:52)

Xenocyde wrote:

how do I force MPC-BE to always start with RIFE?

Hmm maybe Drakko can explain here what to do.

1,635 (edited by Xenocyde 11-06-2024 23:46:59)

flowreen91 wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

Go to Options -> External Filters -> move VapourSynth Filter to top and set it as Prefer

I followed the installation steps from here, which shows Avisynth. If I select VaporSynth, the filter does not show up in the play-filter list and it does not trigger SVP at all. I remember something about registering it... I haven't used MPC in almost a year.

1,636 (edited by Drakko01 12-06-2024 02:17:05)

flowreen91 wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

Hmm maybe Drakko can explain here what to do.

Play a file, automatic its  trigger , go to svp tray icon , Left click on it Select Rife engine, done! next time you play a file Rife its a default, except if you have custom condition set up.

Now for the Sync to display Option , when Aloola sugested to me I change in the frame Syncronization option of MPC BE under EVR Sync Settings.

Xenocyde wrote:
flowreen91 wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

Go to Options -> External Filters -> move VapourSynth Filter to top and set it as Prefer

I followed the installation steps from here, which shows Avisynth. If I select VaporSynth, the filter does not show up in the play-filter list and it does not trigger SVP at all. I remember something about registering it... I haven't used MPC in almost a year.

Do you unselect avisynth , the other thing its under utilities, set environmet variables for VapourSynth

1,638 (edited by Xenocyde 12-06-2024 09:00:03)

Drakko01 wrote:

Do you unselect avisynth , the other thing its under utilities, set environmet variables for VapourSynth

I removed avisynth altogether, only vapoursynth is enabled. But I think I screwed something up now. After reading your instructions I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall vapoursynth via SVP. Then I did SVP menu -> Utilities -> Set environment variables for Vapoursynth and now MPC-BE triggers SPV RIFE but I only have generic 4.4 as model and the TRT drop-down is gone. Halp!

L.E.: Looks like it accidentally uninstalled MPV and TRT when uninstalling Vapoursynth. I installed TRT and MPV again but now MPV would not trigger SVP and MPC-BE displays a warning in attached image over the video image. Think I need to install new TRT.

L.L.E.: OK think I fixed it. Overwritten the vsmlrt-cuda folder and vstrt.dll with the 9.2 version and both MPC-BE and MPV trigger RIFE now. Will test MPC-BE for microstuttering.

Post's attachments

Untitled.png 170.19 kb, 15 downloads since 2024-06-12 

Xenocyde wrote:

Will test MPC-BE for microstuttering.

If you plan to melt above 160 fps, then I recommend version 0.7.1.2172 of mpcVR. Here (and in the following messages) it’s clear why.  The developer does not fix this error and wants a high-frequency monitor))
https://mpc-be.org/forum/index.php?topi … 18#msg8818

pensioner600 wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

Will test MPC-BE for microstuttering.

If you plan to melt above 160 fps, then I recommend version 0.7.1.2172 of mpcVR. Here (and in the following messages) it’s clear why.  The developer does not fix this error and wants a high-frequency monitor))

Lol, I wish my TV could push that many fps. I'm stuck at 60 fps for the moment roll Might not even get an OLED this year either.

pensioner600 wrote:

The developer does not fix this error and wants a high-frequency monitor))

Poor developers, they haven't heard of 60 fps yet.

The Mpc hc Release a New version 2.3 for who want to test

Updated LAV Filters to version 0.79.2-9-g56aab
Updated MediaInfo to version 24.05
Updated MPC Video Renderer to version 0.8.3.2255
Updated libass and various other external libs

Xenocyde wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

I removed avisynth altogether, only vapoursynth is enabled. But I think I screwed something up now. After reading your instructions I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall vapoursynth via SVP. Then I did SVP menu -> Utilities -> Set environment variables for Vapoursynth and now MPC-BE triggers SPV RIFE but I only have generic 4.4 as model and the TRT drop-down is gone. Halp!

L.E.: Looks like it accidentally uninstalled MPV and TRT when uninstalling Vapoursynth. I installed TRT and MPV again but now MPV would not trigger SVP and MPC-BE displays a warning in attached image over the video image. Think I need to install new TRT.

L.L.E.: OK think I fixed it. Overwritten the vsmlrt-cuda folder and vstrt.dll with the 9.2 version and both MPC-BE and MPV trigger RIFE now. Will test MPC-BE for microstuttering.

Why dont you try MPC HC+Madvr+Rife for the content and framerate you want , your gpu has room to spare.

I like MPC-HC with super res and built-in switching monitor hz. Unless you have 3090+ for 4K its good enough

Drakko01 wrote:

Why dont you try MPC HC+Madvr+Rife for the content and framerate you want , your gpu has room to spare.

Isn't VapourSynth better for RIFE? I'm just looking to get rid of the microstuttering.

1,646 (edited by flowreen91 13-06-2024 21:57:46)

pensioner600 wrote:

@Chainik would it be possible to downgrade the out of the box SVP MPC Video Renderer from current version which is MPC VR 0.7.3.2210 down to MPC VR 0.7.1.2172 ?

Pensioner discovered that all newer versions hard cap the frame rate of MPC-HC at ~160 FPS even at 240p:
https://gyazo.com/b843d14264fb4539fe8be37dd94c9c69
while the version he found working seems just fine:
https://gyazo.com/39f0b09b4c266914d9fe57780343a475

You can try it out by downloading it from here:
https://github.com/Aleksoid1978/VideoRe … /tag/0.7.1
and unzipping the contents of it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpcVR"
and selecting in Options->Playback->Output MPC Video Renderer https://gyazo.com/7be0464a7540355c1716fa6699c0d6a4

This makes the average user believe that their PC is not strong enough, when actually developers broke something in the video player.

dlr5668 wrote:

I like MPC-HC with super res and built-in switching monitor hz.

We'll still be able to use the amazing RTX Super Resolution so it should be OK.

Or should we ignore this issue cause MPC-HC guide does not recommend using that specific Playback Output?
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:MPC-HC

Xenocyde wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

Isn't VapourSynth better for RIFE? I'm just looking to get rid of the microstuttering.

I don't understand your question I use Vapoursynth  with mpchc and Rife without the problem.

Drakko01 wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

I don't understand your question I use Vapoursynth  with mpchc and Rife without the problem.

Question is which renderer is better with RIFE for mitigating microstutters: VapourSynth or MadVR?

Xenocyde wrote:

Question is which renderer is better with RIFE for mitigating microstutters: VapourSynth or MadVR?

That's where you're wrong, Madvr it's a render, VapourSynth it's a filter, you can use both in combination with Mpchc or MpcBe

1,650 (edited by Xenocyde 16-06-2024 15:50:37)

I've done some more testing with MPC-BE. Unfortunately I can still see microstuttering, but it looks like this is linked to improperly encoded videos or weird sources. I watched the first three episodes from The Boys S4 and haven't really noticed any micostuttering. On the other hand, all the episodes from Doctor Who S9 are encoded at 25 fps and leaving x2.5 multiplier results into frame skips every few seconds. If I switch to fixed 60 fps, the skips turn into occasional microstutter (at least 3-4 per 46-minute episode).