1 (edited by ricardonuno_ 27-06-2024 17:38:40)

Topic: [Windows w/ SOLVED!!!] Crash on VLC after update ad deinterlace off>on

Hello. I've a GeForce RTX 4090 with 546.17WHQL driver running Windows 10 x64. I updated SVP for Windows 10 from 4.6.0.246 to 4.6.0.263... but I got crash when I changed from "on" to "off" and again from "off" to "on" with Bob "deinterlace" at DirectX11 mode on VLC v3.0.20 x64.

Where do I download the version 4.6.0.246 for reverte, until crash problem fixed?

Best regards.

Re: [Windows w/ SOLVED!!!] Crash on VLC after update ad deinterlace off>on

just to be clear: are you watching interlaced content?

3 (edited by ricardonuno_ 27-11-2023 10:33:59)

Clear? Not yet. But I tried to install new SVP on "new" Windows 11 but I got still crash. New issue: I change any program (= TV channel) under VLC and... I get crash.

Therefore, I need older version of SVP to 4.6.0.246. Where is this version for download?

https://www.svp-team.com/files/svp4-pro.4.6.246-1.exe

No any crash on v..246. Thank you. smile See you the crash issue fixed. wink

In fact this is only because of renderer used and a bug is in VLC itself, not in SVP.

If you run VLC via SVP's menu, ver.246 sets "output" to Direct3D9, while ver. 263 sets it to "OpenGL video output for Windows".
d3d9 doesn't crash with interlaced video and Bob deinterlace, opengl do crash.

You can set main.setup.vlc.vout to "direct3d9" if you want this.

7 (edited by ricardonuno_ 18-12-2023 11:26:31)

Still no my issues fixed at DX11 output for 3 weeks ago... Please do STOP any addication of notification daily of SVP tray for avoid any confusion until the newer version than 4.6.0.263.

Not any news yet for my issues fixed at DX11 output for close to 2 months ago... Do you have any hard difficulity to find any problem?

as I said two month ago: if you set main.setup.vlc.vout to "direct3d9" you'll get old "rev. 246" behaivor

Chainik wrote:

as I said two month ago: if you set main.setup.vlc.vout to "direct3d9" you'll get old "rev. 246" behaivor

Ok but I don't deserve D3D9 for tooo old and I stay .246 as D3D11 until D3D11 issue fixed or until new API: D3D12 or Vulkan added (but Vulkan recommended). Thank you.

if you set it to direct3d11 then there's absolutely no difference between rev.246 and 263.

12 (edited by ricardonuno_ 25-06-2024 22:25:14)

New version .272 for VLC v3.0.20 (oct. 30th, 2023)... But still crash at D3D11. I tried to D3D9, OpenGL for Win but still crash. I tried to disable deinterlace and I don't get no any crash but double-image at 50Hz monitor. sad

EDIT: New VLC v3.0.21 and I tried to change API (video output renderer)... but still crash at deinterlace enabled.

If the new .272 doesn't have any solution for crash issue at deinterlace enabled (for live TV Portugal or for 1080i or...), I'll back to the old version .246.

no idea what "solution" you're looking for...
VLC crashes with renderer different from d3d9. Period.
SVP v.246 runs VLC with d3d9, while later versions runs VLC with OpenGL by default (configurable via adv. settings)

I tried to click reset preferences on lastest VLC but still crash in lastest SVP. But attention to my 2 past posts on yesterday at 10:12pm UTC (not today)

VLC media player menu Tools > Preferences > Video tab > set Output value to Direct3D9 video output

or change SVP setting

You can set main.setup.vlc.vout to "direct3d9"

MAG79 wrote:

VLC media player menu Tools > Preferences > Video tab > set Output value to Direct3D9 video output

I tried but still crash!

or change SVP setting

You can set main.setup.vlc.vout to "direct3d9"

Where???

Watch on my Youtube video -> "SVP 4.6.0.263 or newer: crash issue due to re-enable deinterlace or to multi-channel video opening"

> Where???

App. settings -> All settings

> Watch on my Youtube video

It's absolutely unclear what video output settings you have in each case...
When you run VLC from SVP's menu, video output will be set to the one set in SVP's main.setup.vlc.vout value, regardless of what you'll see in VLC's Preferences!!!

20 (edited by ricardonuno_ 27-06-2024 17:30:05)

Chainik wrote:

> Where???

App. settings -> [thing missed] -> All settings

Before "All settings", "Additional options" is missed!?! You will forget this!? lol

> Watch on my Youtube video

It's absolutely unclear what video output settings you have in each case...

Direct3D11, sorry but any API. But look below. smile

When you run VLC from SVP's menu, video output will be set to the one set in SVP's main.setup.vlc.vout value, regardless of what you'll see in VLC's Preferences!!!

I stay D3D11 as video output in VLC preference. Then SVP settings in *tray* (not in VLC settings for video output), I searched App. settings -> Additional options -> All settings; then... NOT "main.setup.vlc.vout" but yes: main > setup > vlc > vout and I change to "direct3d9". Lastly, I open DVB-T in VLC and... I can work 100% = no any crash!!!! big_smile

Thank very you!! <3 big_smile