Topic: SVP4, MPV and Other Scripts

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting SVP to run with MPV with other scripts enabled. If I run SVP4 with just the "Open file with MPV", it works fine. But I wanted to add Anime4K script to MPV so I can upscale old anime to higher quality as I had done before. But whenever I install said script, SVP stops functioning and won't detect MPV, even if launched from SVP4. If I uninstall it, it works. Is there some kind of conflict between the 2?

Thanks in advance!

Re: SVP4, MPV and Other Scripts

What do you mean by "install said script"?
You should just add .glsl into mpv.conf.

Kyuri wrote:

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting SVP to run with MPV with other scripts enabled. If I run SVP4 with just the "Open file with MPV", it works fine. But I wanted to add Anime4K script to MPV so I can upscale old anime to higher quality as I had done before. But whenever I install said script, SVP stops functioning and won't detect MPV, even if launched from SVP4. If I uninstall it, it works. Is there some kind of conflict between the 2?

Thanks in advance!

Did you follow these instructions https://github.com/bloc97/Anime4K/blob/ … ows_MPV.md?

4 (edited by Kyuri 02-08-2024 21:02:10)

dawkinscm wrote:
Kyuri wrote:

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Did you follow these instructions https://github.com/bloc97/Anime4K/blob/ … ows_MPV.md?

Yes, Anime4k itself works fine. I've been using it for months without issue with a standalone MPV. But the only way to get SVP working with MPV is to use MPV installed from SVP itself and open files with the "Open file via MPV". When I do so, if I don't have Anime4K installed, SVP works perfectly. If I install Anime4K, Anime4K works but SVP doesn't.

What do you mean by "install said script"?
You should just add .glsl into mpv.conf.

I mean the Anime4K script, sorry should of clarified. But what do you mean by add .glsl into mpv.conf? Anime4K works when installed into the MPV that SVP installs, but if I install it, SVP stops working. If I remove it, SVP works again.

It's been about 3 days, does nobody really know why I can't have both SVP and the Anime4K scripts active at the same time? I have to imagine there have been other times where specific scripts don't play nice with SVP4.

6 (edited by flowreen91 05-08-2024 23:39:34)

Kyuri wrote:

But what do you mean by add .glsl into mpv.conf?

mpv.conf from Anime4k contains scripts that tells it to load the Anime4k .glsl files from shaders folder:
# Optimized shaders for higher-end GPU: Mode A (HQ)
glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/Anime4K_Clamp_Highlights.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Restore_CNN_VL.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_x2_VL.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_AutoDownscalePre_x2.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_AutoDownscalePre_x4.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_x2_M.glsl"

mpv.conf from SVP fresh installation contains some script that allows mpv to connect to SVP:
https://gyazo.com/a8457c661de44b303c747a8f6e10bb55

so when you install Anime4k by replacing the old mpv.conf you remove the script that allows it to detect SVP.

I've combined the default mpv.conf file with the one mentioned from darkwinscm's link and now it should contain both the script that detects SVP and the script that tells it to load Anime4k shaders.
All you have to do is unzip it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64\" and should work if you're using Windows:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … OuWgBfmLxY

flowreen91 wrote:
Kyuri wrote:

But what do you mean by add .glsl into mpv.conf?

mpv.conf from Anime4k contains scripts that tells it to load the Anime4k .glsl files from shaders folder:
# Optimized shaders for higher-end GPU: Mode A (HQ)
glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/Anime4K_Clamp_Highlights.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Restore_CNN_VL.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_x2_VL.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_AutoDownscalePre_x2.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_AutoDownscalePre_x4.glsl;~~/shaders/Anime4K_Upscale_CNN_x2_M.glsl"

mpv.conf from SVP fresh installation contains some script that allows mpv to connect to SVP:
https://gyazo.com/a8457c661de44b303c747a8f6e10bb55

so when you install Anime4k by replacing the old mpv.conf you remove the script that allows it to detect SVP.

I've combined the default mpv.conf file with the one mentioned from darkwinscm's link and now it should contain both the script that detects SVP and the script that tells it to load Anime4k shaders.
All you have to do is unzip it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64\" and should work if you're using Windows:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … OuWgBfmLxY

Thank you for the reply! I understand, I downloaded the file you uploaded and put everything in my MPV64 folder, said yes to replace everything. I opened a file via SVP and Anime4K is working, but SVP still wasn't working. I took a shot in the dark and checked what other possible scripts I had that may of done something. I removed every other plugin/script I had added (Only 2, Discord Rich Presence & Smart Skip), I removed discord and it worked! But it seems like it only works with RIFE AI, which is very laggy even on my 3080ti GPU. I uninstalled RIFE AI just now and now it won't load again.

Wow! that's a lot of scripts!

You can check for obvious errors if you press ` while a video plays in mpv.
Or to enable full logs output go to mpv.conf and change this line:
#log-file=mpv.log
to
log-file=mpv.log
This will generate a log file with everything mpv does when you play something. Maybe it will give you some useful information on how to fix it.

If nothing works anymore, reinstall SVP and try again.