Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

flowreen91 wrote:

concurrent-frames i think is the frc.threads from here:

As I understand it, these are processing frames. I need buffered frames

1,852 (edited by RickyAstle98 18-08-2024 20:23:36)

frc.threads - concurrent frames
mpv_add - buffered frames

4.22 lite is out !

1,854 (edited by RickyAstle98 19-08-2024 16:22:16)

oriento wrote:

4.22 lite is out !

Smoother than any other lite models, except 4.15 (for me atleast)
TRT 10.3 / opt_level 2 / engine built average time - 26 seconds (720p)
Different behavior with different aspect ratios and containers!

RickyAstle98 wrote:
oriento wrote:

4.22 lite is out !

How to use it? If TRT https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlrt/releases support only 4.21?

1,856 (edited by dawkinscm 19-08-2024 18:03:50)

It came out very early this morning. But v4.22 is not a good model so the lite model will be at best the same but probably worse.

dawkinscm wrote:

It came out very early this morning. But v4.22 is not a good model so the lite model will be at best the same but probably worse.

I  think this it's not the same for every setup, for me it's very similar than 4.18 and I'll say that I'm some movies my experience was better. Later I will test the new model and see how it performes

Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

I  think this it's not the same for every setup, for me it's very similar than 4.18 and I'll say that I'm some movies my experience was better. Later I will test the new model and see how it performes

Others are saying it is not as good as v4.15. v4.15 is close but not quite as good as v4.18 so it will interesting to hear what happens after further testing.

dawkinscm wrote:

Others are saying it is not as good as v4.15. v4.15 is close but not quite as good as v4.18 so it will interesting to hear what happens after further testing.

Yeah exactly, sometimes more demanding translate to worse performance so more negative comment on the hardware/setup more prone to it , sometimes there it's not the case at all , like 4.21 that i think everyone hates. I tweak here and there make so much difference, for example i don't know what change in my setting, for i'm sure that almost all my main options are the same, and somehow my movies improve , the reason maybe stability after the 0x129 microcode, Who Knows.

RickyAstle98 wrote:
oriento wrote:

4.22 lite is out !

And a quick test I wanna say I LIKE IT! Definitely use this at my main model. I much like to this models has a changelog.

1,861 (edited by dawkinscm 20-08-2024 07:42:47)

Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Yeah exactly, sometimes more demanding translate to worse performance so more negative comment on the hardware/setup more prone to it , sometimes there it's not the case at all , like 4.21 that i think everyone hates. I tweak here and there make so much difference, for example i don't know what change in my setting, for i'm sure that almost all my main options are the same, and somehow my movies improve , the reason maybe stability after the 0x129 microcode, Who Knows.

The dev made no changes to features for v4.22 lite over v4.22 which means that v4.15 and v4.18 are still better. But you may be right that your hardware is benefiting from a less demanding model.

I made a small test, 4.22lite show less artifact (on a specific scene with repeated patterns) than 4.16lite

oriento wrote:

I made a small test, 4.22lite show less artifact (on a specific scene with repeated patterns) than 4.16lite

I found the opposite, weird artifacts re-introduced in scenes that were previously fixed. Went back to 4.16_lite (v2) as it has been my main one since its release.

vs-mlrt 15.3 includes beta libraries for MiGraphX (similar to TensorRT, but for AMD). Those of you with AMD GPUs might want to encourage SVP devs to incorporate MIGraphX. The list of supported GPUs is below:

gfx1030: Radeon RX 6950 XT, Radeon RX 6900 XT, Radeon RX 6800 XT, Radeon RX 6800, ...
gfx1100: Radeon RX 7900 XTX, Radeon RX 7900 XT, ...
gfx1101: Radeon RX 7700 XT, ...
gfx1102: Radeon RX 7600

1,865 (edited by oriento 21-08-2024 17:50:48)

Blackfyre wrote:
oriento wrote:

I found the opposite, weird artifacts re-introduced in scenes that were previously fixed. Went back to 4.16_lite (v2) as it has been my main one since its release.

i only tested like 20minutes of video, I will test more later. 4.16 was having artefacts, 4.22 too, but a bit less.

what is your kind of artefacts you're seeing ? On what type ? Is it also on repeated patterns (like fence)

pensioner600 wrote:

The movie Twisters (2024) is unpleasant to watch. 4K---1440p. When the characters broadcast, there are constant glitches on the screen. TRT9.2/4.15 lite. Can this be fixed? If I understand correctly, any other movie can have the same thing when the frame rate changes.

Answering myself and everyone. It's all because of black bars detection. Why is it enabled by default??? When the size of the displayed area changes in a movie (for example, a character is filming with a video camera), new black bars are detected, the resolution changes and recalculation is performed for this resolution. I disabled black bars detection and now everything is fine.

pensioner600 wrote:
pensioner600 wrote:

The movie Twisters (2024) is unpleasant to watch. 4K---1440p. When the characters broadcast, there are constant glitches on the screen. TRT9.2/4.15 lite. Can this be fixed? If I understand correctly, any other movie can have the same thing when the frame rate changes.

Answering myself and everyone. It's all because of black bars detection. Why is it enabled by default??? When the size of the displayed area changes in a movie (for example, a character is filming with a video camera), new black bars are detected, the resolution changes and recalculation is performed for this resolution. I disabled black bars detection and now everything is fine.

Yeah this happen in movies that have  Imax format, but only if you don't have the resolution pass already save, also you maybe try black bar detection set to only one time.

Asked at https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 7&p=18 will there be plans to release this on Linux?

pensioner600 wrote:

Why is it enabled by default???

because 3080ti with rife 4.18 lite v2 can work with 3840p 21:9,
but cant with 3840p 16:9. low perfomance.

Hi all, I am new to this forum, can you please tell me which version of rife is the performance?

GGGG wrote:

Hi all, I am new to this forum, can you please tell me which version of rife is the performance?

https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … nal-models
The rife models with "lite" in their name consume way less power.
Version 4.22 lite is latest that you should use if your pc is slow.
Other tips:
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 352#p83352

Just an FYI that v4.23 came out yesterday as a fix for v4.22 but it is still not better than v4.18 for artefacts.

flowreen91 wrote:
GGGG wrote:

https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … nal-models
The rife models with "lite" in their name consume way less power.

Be careful. I can't remember which one it is, but one of the "lite" models uses more GPU resources than some non "lite" models.

1,873 (edited by Xenocyde 29-08-2024 13:04:12)

dawkinscm wrote:

Be careful. I can't remember which one it is, but one of the "lite" models uses more GPU resources than some non "lite" models.

That would be 4.16 lite IIRC. Anyway, 4.22 lite is good enough.

How can i see if vsync is working on my mpv ?

1,875 (edited by flowreen91 29-08-2024 14:04:28)

cemaydnlar wrote:

How can i see if vsync is working on my mpv ?

To accurately measure your current frames per second (FPS), you should install NVIDIA App from here:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/software/nvidia-app/
And enable Statistics in the NVIDIA Overlay:
https://gyazo.com/a17a74b5b071a3d8c137c17a67ad00d4

you can also try to add this in mpv.conf file:
video-sync=display-resample
if you want to "Resample audio to match the video. This mode will also try to adjust audio speed to compensate for other drift. (This means it will play the audio at a different speed every once in a while to reduce the Audio/Video difference.)"